The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ordered a Seattle-based website to stop selling a dozen pesticides not legal for sale in the U.S.
The EPA issued a “Stop Sale” order to Bonanza.com to prevent the sale of 11 products purported to help kill cockroaches and moles. The EPA said none of the pesticides are registered with the EPA, and most contain false or misleading claims on their labels.
The products were manufactured internationally and made available for sale across the U.S.
The EPA said one of the products in the order, “Miraculous Insecticide Chalk,” is particularly dangerous because of its documented history of causing illness in children. The agency said children can mistake the product for sidewalk or blackboard chalk.
The chalk and another product on the list, “Green Leaf Cockroach Killing Bait Powder” were the subject of another “Stop Sale” order issued to Amazon in 2015 and 2016. The company was ordered to pay a $1.2 million penalty.
The order includes the following products:
- “Cockroach Killing Bait Box Anti Pest Control Roach Magic”
- “30pcs Miraculous Insecticide Chalk Cockroach Roaches Bug Pest Killer Magic Pen”
- “50pcs Cockroach Killing Bait Cockroach Killer Roach Pest Control Insecticide”
- “100pcs Cockroach Killing Bait Pest Control Powder Powerful Kill Particle Specif”
- “Green Leaf Powder Killer Bait Cockroach Repeller Pest ControlEffective (50 Pack)”
- “GreenLeaf Cockroach Killing Bait Powder 100% Effective 50/100/200pcs”
- “10pcs Powerful Cockroach Killing Bait Roach Catcher Kitchen Household Pest Contr”
- “6pcs Cockroaches Killer Cockroach Repellent Smoke Mosquitoes Fly Ants Home Pests”
- “Maxforce FC Select Roach Killer Gel Bait 20g/230g + Feeding 30ea Free Ship Track”
- “Mole Poison Veleno Talpa. Killer Taupe – Pest Control. 2 pcs x 120 g – 240 g.”
- “NoNest Cockroach Eliminator Gel”
- “Cockroach Pest Control Gel 35G Cockroach and Domestic Insects Killer Agromaxi”